In the Genomics Student Lab projects can be started in a number of ways:
- Companies can submit detailed plans for students to work on.
- Companies can submit general ideas from which students define specific plans.
- Students can propose a project and try to find a company that is interested.
- Antimicrobial activity of cow milk
- Finding small RNA biomarkers for diet restriction in mice (with RIVM)
- Detecting elephant endotheliotropic herpes virus (EEHV) reservoir and response (with Rotterdam Blijdorp zoo)
- Cell-free RNA in breast milk as a transducer of stress in mice
- Mining DNA sequences from extreme environment soil samples for industrial enzymes (with Dupont Industrial Biosciences)
- Finding blood RNA biomarkers for early detection of breast tumors (with RIVM)
- Aging biomarkers from blood samples (with RIVM)
- Transgenerational effect of stress in Caenorhabditis elegans
- rRNA RT-PCR for sensitive quantification of the amount of cell material in a forensic sample (with NFI)